Monday, February 28, 2011

Tiritas

Ripe blisters and a cracked heel are good signs. It means I walked a lot. hahahaha =D


I found myself in Madrid two days in a row, walking for hours and hours. The first day, I skipped a trip to the Royal Palace in Madrid (Yes, I know but I'll go there on my own very soon) because I was sick. So, with another sick girl in our group, we decided to spend the day relaxing and watched a movie instead. PRIMOS (Cousins) was a really funny movie, even though I barely understood anything. Luckily, all the comedy was not in the language. But I really hope to watch more Spanish movies! It was a fun challenge for me. I also went to the post office in Madrid, which is in a gorgeous white building called the Palace of Communications. There, I sent my very first postcard!! How exciting!!

Then the next day, an intercambio Aura wanted to show us El Rastro in Madrid, something almost like La Rambla in Barcelona or Dongdaemun in Korea, except more crowded. I thought I was going to suffocate from claustrophobia. El Rastro is a long, long flea market that opens up every Sunday with thousands of vendors. I definitely liked the visit and I saw the Spanish way of bargaining, but it took us an hour to walk through the whole market. It's a good place to go buy trinkets like earrings or scarves. 
El Rastro

Man making music with water and glass

Afterward, we went to the Plaza Mayor to eat bocadillos de calamares (calamari in baguette bread)! I really liked how there were so many people with their bocadillo in one hand and a coke can in another eating on the streets. After a quick lunch we ended the day at the Retiro Park, which is so much prettier now than it was in January.

P.S. I swear it was SNOWING this morning. The weather is strange today..

1 comment:

  1. its disappointing to know that your having so much fun...
    haha well stay safe and send me some burritos

    ReplyDelete